Information for athletes for 2022 selection to FISAF world championships
This selection policy has been developed by the 2022 NZCAF Head Judges. The aim of this policy is to ensure a fair and transparent process for athletes wishing to represent New Zealand on the international stage in 2022
- New Zealand is able to select up to 5 athletes per category to attend the FISAF World Championships in 2022. (Previously it has been a limit of 3 per country)
- The New Zealand Sports Aerobics Open in June is a selection event. Any athletes competing in the FISAF categories at this event will be eligible for selection.
- There will be no provisional selection in 2022 at the New Zealand Sports Aerobics Open.
- The New Zealand Schools Aerobics Championships in September will be a further selection event, for any categories with spaces available. Any athletes competing in the FISAF categories at this event will be eligible for selection.
For example, x1 cadet individual athlete selected at the New Zealand Sports Aerobics Open = x4 remaining spaces available at NZCAF Nationals Championships for cadet individuals
- Selected athletes will be announced at the New Zealand Sport Aerobics Open and the NZCAF Nationals Championships at the conclusion of the event
We realise that Covid-19 in the community and a later than normal World Championships need to be taken into consideration for athletes preparing in 2022. By having a second opportunity to qualify we hope that meets the needs of all athletes