Training and workshops
Each year NZCAF collects membership fees, and put these back into the community by running workshops for competitors and judges.
If you would like a workshop to be held in your region, please contact you NZCAF regional representative.
Judges feedback system
After each competition, crews are given the opportunity for feedback from the events judges.
Judges are trained and supported by the federation. There are 5 scoring judges on a standard NSHHC panel, and a non scoring head judge who’s job it is to oversea the panel and outcomes.
Membership to an federation that listens
Each dancer that competes at a sanctioned regional event becomes a member of NZCAF.
The annual membership fee ($15 per dancer) is included in competition entry fees.
NZCAF is governed by a committee of volunteers that is impartial and approachable, meaning that any concerns or disputes are handled in an appropriate and fair manner.
Each year NZCAF holds an annual AGM which is open to all its members to attend, giving an opportunity for all voices to be heard equally.
Important information for teachers and managers
- competitions take place on a traditional theatre stage, not a 360o stage.
- events are run on weekends during the day
- we allow 6 weeks between regionals and nationals for the event which is furthest from the National venue
- warmup space is provided at venues
- photography and filming of your own crew is allowed
- crews are able to watch other crews perform throughout the event