COVID-19 Latest Updates

Thursday 3 September

Kia ora,
An update about the timetable for the National Championships in Dunedin (Aerobics).
We have released a draft timetable on the event website. Some important things to note:
  • Heats will all happen Saturday
  • Finals will all happen Sunday
  • The event is split into four sessions – this is to manage competitor numbers within the event restrictions with level 2.
  • While we are at Level 2: Athletes are unlikely to be able to watch.
  • This is an early draft, based on qualifiers – not confirmed entries. 

An update on spectator tickets

The venue has asked us to wait until this weekends COVID alert level announcement before releasing spectator tickets.
We are trying to get a live stream option up and running.
Thank you for your continued patience and kindness,
Nga mihi
Sean Cresswell
NZCAF President

Monday 24 August 2020

Kia ora,
At this stage the National Championships in Dunedin (Aerobics) on the 19th & 20th of September is going ahead.
The event will be structured to operate under Alert Level 2 restrictions, with sessions and competitor / audience bubbles in place.
If New Zealand returns to Alert Level 1, or the limit on gatherings change, we will release more spectator tickets for the event. Sessions will remain in place.
From the 28th of August; If Dunedin enters Alert Level 3, the event will be postponed and potentially cancelled.
From the 7th of September; Any competitors who’s region would be Alert Level 3 on the 18th will be asked not to attend the event.
We thank you for your patience and kindness as we work through the challenges we currently face.
Nga mihi
Sean Cresswell
NZCAF President