COVID-19 Latest Updates

Tuesday 7 September

Due to yesterday’s announcement of the new ‘Delta Level 2 Restrictions’ the NZCAF Executive have met and decided it is not viable to continue with the NZCAF National Aerobics Championship  event on the original date 25-26 September. This is because the new gathering limits and timetabling constraints make it unsafe to proceed with the event during this time.

The Executive have therefore decided to postpone the 2021 NZCAF National Aerobics Championships to 6-7 November.
The event will still be held in Wellington, at Wellington High School.

Please be assured that the Executive has considered all possible options to present the event in September and postponement is a last resort. We have updated the FAQ document with further information now that the event is postponed and now that we have a better idea of what Level 2 restrictions look like.
As before, please don’t send through any questions without first checking that document. If you have a question that isn’t answered by our FAQs, please email nzcaf.secretary@gmail.com
We will be in touch with coaches in the coming days to re-confirm entries.

Tuesday 31 August

Thank you for your patience following our announcement regarding Aerobics Nationals yesterday.
Though we have yet to make a decision regarding the event, our event organisers have been working to put together a list of FAQs, which you will now see below.
Please check this list in the first instance if you have any questions regarding this event, as this is where you will be directed with any questions already answered on this document. I
f you have a question not answered on this document, please email nzcaf.secretary@gmail.com.
We will be updating this document with any new information as soon as we have it.

Monday 30 August

We have an important update for you about the 2021 Nationals Championship Events.
The NZCAF Executive have met to discuss the ongoing implications of Covid Alert Level Changes to our National Events. Please find as much information as we have available below for each event:

2021 Hip Hop National Championships:
Our venue, Cashmere High School cannot let any events take place above Covid Alert Level 1. Because of this, we are postponing the 2021 Hip Hop National Championships to Saturday 20th November. The event will still be held at Cashmere High School in Christchurch.
We understand that this is much later than the event was scheduled, but it is a much safer and more viable option, especially as it will allow for spectators.

We will be in contact with crew managers soon to reconfirm entries.

More information regarding the event will become available when possible.

2021 Aerobics National Championships:
Our venue, Wellington High School will allow events to take place at Covid Alert Level 2. Assuming we are in Level 2 (or lower), and Covid Alert Level 2 restrictions (e.g. gathering limits) remain as they have been previously, we may be able to present an Aerobics National Championships event in some shape. It is not yet clear, however, when New Zealand will be at Level 2 and what the restrictions on events will be.

The Executive Committee will meet following the Prime Minister’s announcement on 6 September, and discuss our options. A further announcement will be made after this meeting.
This is all of the information we have regarding this event at this stage.

We do recommend that you contact airlines/accommodation to see what allowances they have for changes due to Covid, so you are prepared if we do have to make changes to the event. We would also like to remind you that the restrictions of Level 2 with the Delta variant are as yet unknown, and could lead to a lack of spectator allowances and/or longer schedules.

We are in the process of preparing an FAQ document regarding these events. Please be patient. Our team of volunteers are busy working through event logistics, while also managing their home and work situations. We will not be responding to questions until the FAQs have been published.

Thanks for your patience and understanding

Stay safe

Thursday 19 August 2021

The NZCAF Executive have met to discuss the implications of COVID Alert Level changes to our National events.

At present, we are not in a position to make any decisions regarding our events, as we do not know what restrictions may or may not be in place by 25/26 September.

Our current guidelines are as follows:

  • The safety and health of our competitors, their supporters and our volunteers is our number one priority when making decisions around our events.
  • At present, we do not have enough information to make any decisions around either of our National events.
  • It is up to individual athletes/coaches/schools to decide whether to go ahead booking flights, accommodation etc., for our National events. Please contact your club and/or school for guidelines around their policies.
  • We recommend that, if you are booking flights, you book refundable/exchangeable ones. The booking of flights will not be a consideration in the decisions around possible cancellation/postponement of events if safety of athletes, supporters and volunteers is a risk.
  • NZCAF will make decisions around these events as soon as feasible, and once we have enough information to make informed decisions.

If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.